function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nwingnwing 

Formula Lookup to Lead Owner Mobile and Fax??????

Im a little shocked (incredulous) that while I can do a lookup to the Lead Owner Phone field while designing an email template, I an unable to lookup to the mobile and fax (or many other standard user fields).  Am I missing something?  I cannot even create a custom field on the lead to do the work.  I thought this was a no-brainer/quick update, but has anyone else ran into this?  It seems crazy....

thanks,

-N-

DonSpilkyDonSpilky

Its right there in the dropdowns.... for example, mobile is {!Lead.MobilePhone}.  Make sure you have selected "Lead Fields" in the leftmost dropdown.

nwingnwing

That is the Lead's Mobile Phone, not the Lead Owners........

DonSpilkyDonSpilky

ahhh then yes, you will have to create a custom formula field on LEAD to hold this info.

nwingnwing

Actually that alone will not do it.  You cannot reference the Owner/User Object directions from the lead that way.  I had to setup a NEW reference/lookup to the user object and then use that relationship to form the formula.  The catch is that you still have to setup an apex update of some sort in order to maintain that new 'Owner' lookup field....  Seems a little over the top, but apparently that is what is needed.