function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gpedronigpedroni 

Custom URL field used for Reports to Edit Opportunities & Return to Report

I'm trying to create a custom formula field to put into my opportunity page layout (hidden).

the point of this will be to use it in various reports. When a manager runs a report and wants to edit the opportunity on the same record line it will open the opportunity in edit mode, then once saved, takes the user back to the same report they came from.

This i what i've done so far... but doesn't seem to be working. I dont know how to call out the current opportunity, and how to use the retURL properly to take me back to the previous location (report).

I guess two things, how do I get it to open the "current opportunity" in edit mode, then how do I get it to remember previous location and bring back after saving the edits to the last view.

It needs to be a field so that it can show up in the Report "select column" fields.

/006/e?ent=Opportunity?retURL={!$CurrentPage.Url}

dwatsondwatson

/006/e?ent=Opportunity?retURL=<Id of the report>&saveURL=<Id of the report>

Would return you to the report on a save or cancel.

gpedronigpedroni

Yes, but I'd like to not use a static report ID, I want to use a dynamic place holder. What im trying to do is get the URL to store the current Report ID (or current location) and put it into the URL so when a user clicks the url field (in a report) to edit the opportunity, they hit save, and it brings them back to the last location(report). I have 6 reports where this field would be used, and really dont want to create six fields and manually link it, and then later have to relink the field.

IF I can create this dynamically it would be very useful in hundred of reports. assuming this is possible

screen shot of what im trying to achieve: