function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sunny GSunny G 

How to send an Email alert to the Custom Owner [user] field, based on another Custom field's value.

Hi,

I have one custom owner field (i.e. a lookup to all users). Where some user can manually select the owner of the record. I have another custom status field. Now, i want to send an email alert to the custom owner field, whenever the custom status fields gets updated.

please provide the solution on this

Thanks

ShwetaSShwetaS

Hi,

You can accomplish by writing a workflow rule.
You can send email alerts based on the criteria you specify

Click Setup ➤ Create ➤Workflow & Approvals ➤Workflow Rules ➤Click New Rule.

Select "when a record is edited" option and chose New Email as a workflow action.

Shweta
Salesforce Developer Support

If my answer solved your question, please mark it solved so I can help as many community members as possible!

prathap raoprathap rao

If your requirement is as simple as 

1) You have one custom owner field (i.e. a lookup to all users)

2) You have another custom status field

If the value in the custom field changes and you need to fire a email to a specific set of user or to a particular user, the above person's comments would work.

If you have to send it to a particular user based on the drop down list you have in your custom owner field then we might have to write some logic to make this work.

http://community.salesforce.com/t5/Apex-Code-Development/Sending-Mass-Email-using-an-apex-trigger/m-p/164935

Look at the below thread and configure the code as required for your need or post back exact scenario so that I can help you out if it is something I know of.