function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Scott.MScott.M 

SingelEmailMessage Daily Limits

I can't find this anywhere in the documentation or in the forums. What is the organization daily limit for SingleEmailMessages. I imagine it's different for each of the different organization type so what is the limit for each organization?

Also if I send an email to a lead with 2 bcc emails in it, does that count as 3 emails towards the daily limit, even if one of my users has the same email as is set in the bcc?

Thanks!

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

You can call maximum of 10 sendEmail() methods per transaction. The limit is on the number of times “SendEmail(…)” method can call, not the number of SingleEmailMessage in the Array. So theoretically you can send 10 x 1000 emails (assuming you have an array of 1000 SingleEmailMessage for every sendEmail call) .

Scott.MScott.M

Those are the limits per transaction but there's an organizational limit on the number of single emails that can be sent in a day. I think it's 1000 like the mass email limit but it's not well documented.

hisrinuhisrinu

I believe for single email, you dont have any limit but for mass email you have i.e 1000

Scott.MScott.M

There docs say there is a single email daily limit. Page 326 of the apex reference

"Single email messages sent with the sendEmail method count against the sending organization's daily single email limit.
When this limit is reached, calls to the sendEmail method using SingleEmailMessage are rejected, and the user
receives a SINGLE_EMAIL_LIMIT_EXCEEDED error code. However, single emails sent through the application are allowed."

Doesn't say what the limit is though :) and I definitly hit it. There is no limit on emails to Users though, but to leads and contacts there is.

hisrinuhisrinu

Yes you are correct........ what ever you sent through the API it will count towards your organization mass email limit (1000)

But if you send from application by clicking on the send email button will not consider under your org limits.

Scott.MScott.M

So mass email and single email limit are one and the same?

hisrinuhisrinu

I found this in help&trnd link

Why am I hitting my Mass Email limit if we are not sending many emails?

I am hitting my daily mass email limit with Salesforce, but I am not able to send the allocated amount of mass emails as allowed by my version of Salesforce.

From the APEX Language Reference:

All mass email and single email messages sent with the sendEmail method count against the daily mass mail limit of the sending organization.When the daily mass mail limit for the organization is reached, all calls to the sendEmail method are rejected, and the user receives a MASS_MAIL_LIMIT_EXCEEDED error code. However, single email messages sent through the application are still allowed.

agum34agum34

Here is some information I received from Salesforce on daily email limits -

What COUNTS towards the limit
* Mass Emails to Contacts
* Mass Email to Leads
* Emails send via the API to email addresses
* Emails send via the API to contacts (Both single and mass emails)
* Emails send via API to Leads (both Single & Mass Emails)

What DOES NOT COUNT towards the limit
* Mass emails to Users
* Emails via API to User ID’s
* Emails send from the “Send Email” button on contacts (single emails/email author)
* Emails send from the “Send Email” button on Leads (single emails/email author)
* Workflow emails
* System generated emails

agum34agum34

You can use Messaging.reserveSingleEmailCapacity(1); in anonymous apex to see if you are going to go over the limit with your next Apex attempt. I used the following scheduled apex class to find the time that my limit was occurring. Also note I am logging this to a Chatter Group because you cannot send an email from Apex once you reach your daily limit.

global class CheckEmailLimit implements Schedulable {
  global void execute(SchedulableContext SC) {
    try {
      Messaging.reserveSingleEmailCapacity(1);
      FeedItem post = new FeedItem();

post.ParentId = '0F97000000001ZW'; //Chatter Group
      post.Body = 'Under email limit';

insert post;
    } catch (Exception e) {
      //Unfortunately this code will never be called
      //because the limit exception cannot be caught
      FeedItem post = new FeedItem();

post.ParentId = '0F97000000001ZW'; //Chatter Group
      post.Body = 'Over email limit';

insert post;
    } 
  }
}

SivaDevakiSivaDevaki

check out MassMailer app at http://www.mansasys.com/massmailer which will let you bypass salesforce mass email limits. Also check API at http://support.mansasys.com/support/solutions/articles/72737-mass-mailer-developer-guide

bhaskar.arora1.3946152776548584E12bhaskar.arora1.3946152776548584E12
In order to make yourself Unlimited while sending or scheudling the mass emails or doing single emails to Contacts, Leads, sending emails to Campaign Members then you need to check an appexchange native app - Massmailer.This will let you bypass salesforce mass email limits and at the same time let you send simple marketing emails to Schedule one-off mass emails.

Check out the following link: MassMailer App Link on AppExchange
https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000005uxj5EAA