function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SherriASherriA 

Attachments - can I customize at all?

I've had a very reasonable request from a group of my users and I can't figure out a simple way to give them what they're asking for.  

They use "Cases" to track requests from our field sales for approve the configuration of a quote before it goes to a customer.  Sometimes there are several versions of a quote, either because the  group approving the configuration suggests changes or because the customer changes requirements (or both).  We can end up with several attachments and no easy way for our contracting/post sales processing group to determine which is the quote that was approved.  

So, there are a couple of things I'm trying to do.  I'd like to be able to add a field so that we can track if the quote configuration has been approved or not for each individual attachment (checkbox, picklist, something like that).  

If we can't add a field, I'd like to have the group doing the approvals to put the word "APPROVED" in the description field for the attachment, and be able to show that field either on the related list of the record (ideal) or when looking at the "View All" screen.  

I haven't been able to find a way to either customize the attachment detail page or customize the related list or customize the view all page.  Any ideas?  Or another idea for how we can easily see which attachment is the approved quote?  

DodiDodi

The notes and attachments related cannot be modified.

Cheers,

Dodi

afs_devforceafs_devforce

Hi Sorry to dig up an old post but did you ever find a way around this?  I'm trying to do something similar, i.e. have approve attachments.

Thanks.