function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gobear-01gobear-01 

Codes behind Standard button "Activate"

Hi,

Does anyone know as if I can access to the codes of the standard "Activate" button on the standard Contract object?  I want to see what the standard button "Activate" does and its behavior so that I can determine whether or not to over-write it on our custom object.

any input is appreciated. Thanks,

gobear-01

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

First of all as you execute the functionality, that itself will give you an idea what that button does, but in case you need greater insight the javascript involved in the code can be ascertained from the view source, the functionality plus the client side code would provide you with  a fair idea about the functionality of the button.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

gobear-01gobear-01

Ispita,

thanks for your response.  I understood the behavior of the button, and tried to do the "View Source" on the page, and found out that clicking on that "Activate" button would invoke a jsp page call "ContractActivation.jsp".  Functionality, this button on Contract object would then make a certain record to be "Read-Only", but I'm curious in knowing how it is achived. I could not be able to view any codes behind standard buttons, I guess.

I'm trying to implement a custom "Contract" object to fit into our needs, and I want to make sure I create all buttons that are supposedly standard by the standard Contract object.