function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
elukaweskielukaweski 

Account field behavior, from Case, on Custom Object

Hi: I am trying to duplicate the Account field behavior that occurs with the Account field, on a Case, in the situation wherby the Case is being created via a Customer Portal.

In that situation, the Account field defaults to the Account of the Customer Portal and the field, though Lookup, is read only.

In my custom object, I would like to define Account as a lookup field....and, using System Admin profile, I can do the lookup but, if I use a Customer Portal Profile, I want to "default" it to the Account from the current User. But, still have it as a lookup field (read only) that can be clicked through to the account itself.

Any help would be appreciated

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

-Your requirements are the following:-

1. In case object you want to have a lookup to the account of the logged in customer portal user

2. It has to be lookup field which is read only that is it is displayed as a link and on clicking takes to the respective  account.

Is it what you waht if that is the case your requirement can be easily implemented using custom page built on visual force.

Hope this helps.

elukaweskielukaweski

Thank you for the quick response.

Yes, a custom visual force page would do the trick.....with the apex controller having to code to perform the functionality.

I was hoping there might be a way to use the page layout that is automatically built in force.com...and, somehow modify  it to do the above mentioned logic. All I can can come up with is a trigger (upon save or insert) that could do this logic on the standard page layout.

thanks