function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gringoesegringoese 

Deleted Roll-ups, when do I recover them?

I deleted 2 roll-ups fields under the Accounts object because I was at my limit of 10 and I needed to repurpose them (I'm doing this in my Sandbox if it matters). It's been about 24 hours but when I try to add new roll-ups under Accounts I am still getting the message: 

Custom Roll-up Summary Field Limit Exceeded
Unable to create custom roll-up summary field because it exceeds the maximum allowed: 10. 
Does anyone know how long it takes to recover roll-up fields once deleted? I made sure to empty my Recycle Bin in case they were in there an it was affecting things.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
gringoesegringoese

I figured out what the problem was. Emptying the recycle bin would seem like the natural way to free the roll-ups up, but that's not it. There is actually a deleted items link tucked away on the bottom of the page. The deleted roll-ups are in there and once you clear them out of there you recover them. Way to keep things intuitive Salesforce.com. 

All Answers

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

I don't think there is a time lag for this, it is almost real-time, but in case your problem persists the best way out is to create a case with salesforce in your org, to get it sorted out by salesforce.

Hope this helps.

*werewolf**werewolf*

It's actually 30 days.  You should empty your recycle bin, I think that'll clear them.

gringoesegringoese

I figured out what the problem was. Emptying the recycle bin would seem like the natural way to free the roll-ups up, but that's not it. There is actually a deleted items link tucked away on the bottom of the page. The deleted roll-ups are in there and once you clear them out of there you recover them. Way to keep things intuitive Salesforce.com. 

This was selected as the best answer