function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shamrock SnowmanShamrock Snowman 

Compare external list against Salesforce data

Does anyone know the best way to quickly and easily compare an external list of names or companies against my existing Salesforce database, without searching for each one separately?

My sales team comes up with lists from conferences, but we already have tens of thousands of leads and prospects to check them against.

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Yes , I can share with you how I do it, if  you find it appropriate you may use it.

This is what I do:-

1. I export all the names from object say contact in a csv.

2. Take the input from external system in an other sheet of the above csv. after converting it to excel.

3. Use Use countif() function of excel to check if external names exist in my salesforce data sheet if it does , I filter them out.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

All Answers

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Yes , I can share with you how I do it, if  you find it appropriate you may use it.

This is what I do:-

1. I export all the names from object say contact in a csv.

2. Take the input from external system in an other sheet of the above csv. after converting it to excel.

3. Use Use countif() function of excel to check if external names exist in my salesforce data sheet if it does , I filter them out.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

This was selected as the best answer
Shamrock SnowmanShamrock Snowman

Thank you, Ispita. That's the best solution I could think of.

I was hoping maybe there was some way that, by uploading a list, Salesforce could check the list against my database - maybe that could be an idea for a future version.