function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
clifgriffinclifgriffin 

Updating Custom Fields from Installed Package

Greetings,

Well I am bewildered.  I have been tasked with updating a PHP script that uses the BulkAPI to upsert some data into the Opportunity entity.

This is all going well except that some of the clearly defined custom fields are returning:

InvalidBatch : Field name not found : cv__Acknowledged__c

And similar. 

I thought I finally found the problem when I discovered the WSDL version I was using was quite old (Partner WSDL).  So I promptly regenerated the WSDL.  Only problem? Enterprise, Partner, etc....all of them...do not include these fields.  They're all coming from the Common Ground package and start with cv_

I even tried to find them in the object explorer in Workbench.

So, please...lend me your experience.  How can I update these values?

Thanks in advance!

Clif

clifgriffinclifgriffin

Anyone know anything about this?

*shameless bump*

jeremyyjeremyy

If you're using the SOAP API, the Partner endpoint is what you need. 

clifgriffinclifgriffin

Meaning, I'll have to get a WSDL from Convio? I am using the soap api.

I asked my client if they have a convio login, but they seem to be confused by the question and aren't aware of having a separate login of any kind.

(Thanks for the response!)

EDIT: If by partner endpoint, you mean the standard partner wsdl available in the salesforce admin, I have already tried this and it does not have those fields exposed.  I have checked object -level and field-level security to ensure they aren't hiding them in some way. 

jeremyyjeremyy

The fields aren't explicitly exposed, but the sobject datatype has an "any" element which you populate with fields. Check out the partner wsdl section of the API docs for examples. 

clifgriffinclifgriffin

Again, thank you for responding.

"which you populate with fields"

How do I do this? I've looked in the API docs and haven't seen anything. 

jeremyyjeremyy

Java and C# examples:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/index_Left.htm#StartTopic=Content/sample_create_call.htm 

The concepts for PHP are similar, but the syntax and api of create xml elements is different obviously.

clifgriffinclifgriffin

Will I be able to make this work with the Bulk API?