function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Karthik SankarKarthik Sankar 

Issue with Read-Only lookup fields

I have a custom object Consultant which has a lookup to Account. The Account lookup is made read-only in the Consultant page layout level.

As Sys Admin, I am able to see the Account lookup getting populated when a New Consultant is created from Account related list. But when logged in as a different User, I am not able to see the Account lookup getting populated and since its read-only in the Consultant page layout, no data is available for the User to enter.

The same issue doesn't happen with standard Account - Contact relationship, if Account lookup is made read-only at Contact page layout.

Let me know if anybody can help in this issue!!!

Regards,

Karthik.

CLKCLK

Checkout field level security for that field with the profile of that user by using which u r not able to see that field.

just check visible checkbox in field level security for that profile.

The visible checkbox is already checked for the field for that particular profile and the issue is still the same.

CLKCLK

checkout is it made visible for that profile layout.

this setting is just shown below to field level security page

You mean in the profile detail page under the section Custom Field Level security rite. Its checked there too.

CLKCLK

u mean to say u r able to see label of that lookup field but not the value for that particular page layout.

right?

Yeah rite. Please follow the below steps to check yourself.

Try making the Account lookup field read-only in the Contact page layout. Logged in as another User, now create a New Contact from the Contact related list of any Account. 
Now on the Contact creation page, you could see the Account lookup populated automatically and read-only so that the User will not be able to choose any other Account. 

Try doing the same replacing the Contact object with any other Custom object and check whether the same functionality is achieved.

CLKCLK

hmmm i got it.

Account object does not having atleast read permission for that particaular profile.

Checkout Admin Setup -> Profile -> perticular profile -> Standard Object permission for Account Object.

You can't make Account Name read-only in the Account object but Account lookup can be made read-only in the Contact layout and thats the issue. Once I have made Account lookup read-only in the Contact layout, the value don't get populated when logged in as different User.

CLKCLK

boss

i am saying object level security not field level security for account object.

The perticular profile (inWhich user not able to see account name for that cutom object record) is not having Read permission for Account Object.

You will find  Standard Object Permissions section under profile page.

i am already given you steps for checking it.

Hi, I am not sure what this issue has to do with Standard Object Permissions for Account object. If the profile doesn't have read permission for Account, then the User will not be able to view Account record and click New Custom object in the related list.

But thats not the issue I m facing. Also FYI, the profile has all the CRUD permission for Account.

Never mind, I got some other idea from other discussions.

Prudhvi Paladugu 2Prudhvi Paladugu 2

Hi Karthik,

I am having the same issue, were you able to resolve it?

Thanks,

Prudhvi

Shubham4462Shubham4462
hai i am facing the same issue can anybody help me?

David Palmquist 5David Palmquist 5
I'm having this issue as well.  Has anyone found a fix yet?
Jayanth ThathapudiJayanth Thathapudi
I am also facing the same issue.....When I click a detail button it will create a new record of XYZ__C object which contains Opportunity lookup on the page layout

https://Myinstance.my.salesforce.com/800/e?RecordType=123545&accid=123456dsdsf&CF00ND0000004cirR=Medical+Mutual+-+PS+Engagement+for+F2M&CF00ND0000004cirR_lkid=0063z000011nsq6&retURL=/5464546848

"CF00ND0000004cirR_lkid" is working perfectly with other profiles which are having the same permissions