function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
paulmagpaulmag 

Custom button blank for some profiles

Hi there I have a custom button to create a new form and pre-populate some fields.

It works fine for me but not the users for whom it is intended. I am 99.9% certain that they have the correct level of access to the fields and custom form but when they press the button 2 fields are left blank.

https://eu1.salesforce.com/a0I/e?CF00N20000002Tk5e={!Contact.Name}
&CF00N20000002Tk5e_lkid={!Contact.Id}
&00N20000002Tk5j={!Account.Current_Branch_ID__c}
&00N20000002Tk5t={!Account.Name}
&retURL=/{!Contact.Id}

thanks in advance for your help

Paul

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SteveBowerSteveBower

The fields are editable for them on the *contact*, make sure they can access the originating fields on the Account.

Also, are they on the same "eu1.salesforce.com" instance?   Are they using the same language?

I'm assuming that the button is on the Account page layout which is where you are launching it from. 

curious... Steve.

All Answers

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

What actually is the difference in behaviour for you and other users, which fields are not getting prepopulated?

paulmagpaulmag

the account name and current branch ID fields are populated for me and left blank for them

Do you and these users share same page layout?

paulmagpaulmag

Only 1 page layout which we all share

Paul

Have you checked field level accessibility?

paulmagpaulmag

The fields are editable

Paul

The fields are editable for all profiles? In that case it is bit surprising

paulmagpaulmag

Yeah I am sure I have turned on everything that needs to be on and that the id's all tie up, obviously I am missing something but for the life of me cant see it. Thanks for your help though.

Paul

SteveBowerSteveBower

The fields are editable for them on the *contact*, make sure they can access the originating fields on the Account.

Also, are they on the same "eu1.salesforce.com" instance?   Are they using the same language?

I'm assuming that the button is on the Account page layout which is where you are launching it from. 

curious... Steve.

This was selected as the best answer
paulmagpaulmag

thanks for that steve, turns out that the button hadn't been included on the related list - school boy error