function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RimaRima 

Security for record types based on profile

Hi All,

I want to allow only some profiles to view different record types, and it should not be accessible to some profile. I am wondering how to set security to record types based on profiles. Could any one please give me direction on this? Your helpis greatly appreciated.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BA_AdminBA_Admin

Go to Profiles, Click on any profile that you want to change the Record Type settings , now in that profile if you scroll down you can see the record type settings , let me know if you have any issues

All Answers

BA_AdminBA_Admin

Go to profiles and under profiles go to Record type settings and select the record type that you want to give access to each object, let me know if you have any issues

RimaRima

Hi,

I went to profiles, but did not find "record type settings".  Could you please let me know exactly which section in the profile I need to set the permissions?

BA_AdminBA_Admin

Go to Profiles, Click on any profile that you want to change the Record Type settings , now in that profile if you scroll down you can see the record type settings , let me know if you have any issues

This was selected as the best answer
RimaRima

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I could fnd record type settings.Last time, I clicked on "edit" next to profiles and could not find record type settings. Thank you for helping me on this.

BA_AdminBA_Admin

Do not click on edit when you go to profile, just go to profile and under bottom u find the record type settings