function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Cool_DevloperCool_Devloper 

Platform Users not able to send Emails from Activity History Related List

Hello Friends,

I am having few users with the Platform Licence. But the issue is that they are unable to send emails from the Activity related list on any object even though they have read/write access to it.

When i change their profile to one which is binded to the normal Salesforce licence, then it works. Does this mean that Platform users cannot send emails??

If that's the case, then it is certainly a big drawback!! 

The error message which comes when they try sending email is "Please contact your administrator for previledges".

Would be great if someone can confirm my understanding.

Many Thanks,

Cool_D

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
aalbertaalbert

Make sure the profile setting "Send Emails" is enabled for the associated Profile. I was able to send emails from the Activity related list logged using the Platform License and a profile with that setting. 

All Answers

aalbertaalbert

Make sure the profile setting "Send Emails" is enabled for the associated Profile. I was able to send emails from the Activity related list logged using the Platform License and a profile with that setting. 

This was selected as the best answer
Anmol Dhanvijay 7Anmol Dhanvijay 7
"Send Emails" is enabled for the Platform Licence for Standard Platform  Profile User but still not able to sent an email. Getting error as "You're restricted from sending email to at least one of the recipients."
Help on this