function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
universekkkuniversekkk 

No accounts and leads in Sandbox

We have a developer sandbox and there is no accounts and leads in it. I was thinking that after I refresh it and it will contain all leads/accounts in the real database by the time I refresh. However, there is still nothing in it. Without records, we cannot really play with the sandbox. Is the sandbox supposed to contain the records? Or I shouldn't create a developer version?
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
shillyershillyer

Configuration Only and Developer Sandbox do not copy data, just the customizations you make under Setup. It's explained more here. If you want production data copied, use Full Sandbox.

Hope that helps,

Sati

All Answers

shillyershillyer

Configuration Only and Developer Sandbox do not copy data, just the customizations you make under Setup. It's explained more here. If you want production data copied, use Full Sandbox.

Hope that helps,

Sati

This was selected as the best answer
universekkkuniversekkk
Thank you very much Shillyer! I've been wonderting about this for weeks. I will create a full sandbox.
travelertrishtravelertrish
The full version was not available to me. I have a nonprofit donation. Is that the reason?
shillyershillyer

That's because the nonprofit donation version is an Enterprise Edition org. One full sandbox is included in Unlimited Edition, you will have to purchase it for Enterprise Edition.

Best,

Sati

travelertrishtravelertrish
Thanks! I didn't see that on any of the documentation and features lists. The customization is going to fig my needs I think.