function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RaghuveerRaghuveer 

Need to display the Lead Phone number in New Task detail page

hi,

i need to display the Lead Phone number or Email in the New Task Detail page. Upon clicking the New Task button under Open Activities section of Lead, i need to display the Lead Phone number / Email in one custom filed in the New Task Detail page.  please suggest me on this.

Thanks

Raghuveer

SlanganSlangan

If I understand correctly, you just want to add a custom field to to a task detail page. Is this right?

To do this you need to go into setup (found at the top of your screen), and then go to the left hand side of your screen where the menu is and select Customize, then Activities, then Task Page Layouts. This will bring up a list of the task page layouts you have created and will give you the ability to create new layouts.To edit a layout, select EDIT. Once the layout page displays, you can drag and drop the field you have created onto the page where you want it to display. Click SAVE to save the layout.

I hope this answers your question.

Shannon

RaghuveerRaghuveer

Thank you Slagan for your help.

Actually my requirement is, i have to dispaly the previously added comments in Task detail page.

initialy i have added one Task with some comments under open Activities secion of Lead, Upon clicking

New Task button, i need to display the comments in the comments textbox of initial added task comments by    default. Prepopulating the comments on Task details page.  i am struck up here.

i am very thankful to you for your nice response.

can you please help me on this.