function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lvivaninlvivanin 

How to deploy approval processes into prod. Pros and cons of managed package deployment.

I am trying to find out which way is better for prod deployment from dev environment. As I didn't find option to include Approval Processes in managed package, I was looking whether this option is available on Metadata Migration(through Eclipse IDE). I can't access the Approval Processes through Eclipse as well. How can we deploy the Approval Processes?

Which way is better for the deployment? Any suggestion(s) would help me to decide whether to go with  Managed Package approach or Metadata Migration approach for production deployment.

Thank you.

JonPJonP

Approval Processes are currently not available in the Metadata API or in packages.  The only way to migrate them today is by hand.

Please post and/or vote on the IdeaExchange to request this feature.

DianeMDianeM

Greetings Jon,

I looked on the idea exchange and could not find a reference to this issue so I have posted an Idea.  

Our app kicks off some automatic processing once the custom object is approved - not being able to package the approval means the first thing someone needs to do when the app is installed is create an approval process. This really should not be the first thing a new customer has to think about.

Diane