function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AdamSmith1AdamSmith1 

Looking for fake / dummy data (?)

Hi,

Is there any way I can import a bunch of fake data into my newly created developer edition account?  I'd like to have some basic structure/results I can use to see my code working.

Sorry if the answer is obvious.  I looked for quite some time and couldn't find it.

Thanks,

Adam 

aalbertaalbert
Yes, you could use the Data Loader to import/export data into salesforce.com with CSV file. Or you could try the Import utilities under Setup->App Setup->Data Management if you log into your Developer Edition org.
AdamSmith1AdamSmith1

Hi aalbert, thanks for the reply!

Got it -- but is there a dummy data set available that I can import using Data Loader?  I.e. a data set that includes a broad range of data types and represents a typical / maximal user installation.

Thanks again,

Adam

forcedotcomforcedotcom

Adam, you'll need to provide your own dummy set of data - you can probably find some sample data out on the web but salesforce certainly don't provide anything.

forcedotcom

AdamSmith1AdamSmith1

Thanks forcedotcom.  That's sad and unfortunate news.

If anyone has a data set that covers the full set of possible data types and relations, please let me know and my company might buy it from you.

Thanks, and all the best!,

Adam 

SteveBowerSteveBower

Related Idea: 

http://ideas.salesforce.com/article/show/10089810/Standard_set_of_Test_Data_preloaded_by_Salesforce

hubertoghubertog

Salesforce: Y U NO offer sample data? :-P

I downloaded Microsoft's sample data set on http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=19932. Hope it works.

John s.John s.
For Explanation.:  Although the Link to the  File  from the CRM MS Dynamics Site which @hubertog still mentioned ... is a exe one but it has only an Extract Routine to Extract the Sample Files which are still in Excel Format  

regards john s.
John s.John s.
And Second Tip from me: Get an Trial Account for sugar CRM  or any other CRM and export what you want ...

best regards john s.
Cameron Walker 6Cameron Walker 6
Clicks before code. www.sfdatagenerator.com