function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chirag MehtaChirag Mehta 

Taking Salesforce Data Offline Using Adobe AIR - Database Connection Issues

Referring to article http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Taking_Salesforce_Data_Offline_Using_Adobe_AIR followed steps as indicated, created a window based flex project with reference to both AIR and FLEX library.

Program compiled successfully, no errors. Anyhow on runtime it throws following error.

SQLError: 'Error #3119: Database file is currently locked.', details:'', operation:'execute'
at flash.data::SQLStatement/internalExecute()
at flash.data::SQLStatement/execute()
at com.salesforce::AIRConnection/openSQLiteDatabase()[/home/jamesw/projects/mavericks/sdkair/src/com/salesforce/AIRConnection.as:722]
at com.salesforce::AIRConnection/login()[/home/jamesw/projects/mavericks/sdkair/src/com/salesforce/AIRConnection.as:163]
at main/initApp()[C:\Documents and Settings\cmehta\My Documents\Flex Builder 3\SFDC Data Offline Using AIR\src\main.mxml:20]

Its clear from above that my connection properties to Database(used to store offline data) are not accurate.  As per documentation also query results are automatically saved to the local SQLite Database.

Where is SQLite DB located on my local machine?

Do I need to install the same ?

Where do i specify database connection attributes in my Flex Project ?

Would like to know in more detail about the local Database being discussed in above article.

Message Edited by Chirag Mehta on 05-19-2009 03:50 PM
Chirag MehtaChirag Mehta

Error solved!

AIR comes packaged with a database implementation of SQL Lite. You can create tables, views, insert and delete data, and run queries. The flash.data package has everthing you will need to do this!

SQL Lite comes as bundled along with AIR, no need for separate installation or connection setup.

NinoJoseNinoJose

Hi Chirag,

Just curious, did you manually created the standard and custom objects you need for synchronizing offline records to SFDC on SQL Lite?

Thanks,

Nino