function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SunsterSunster 

Email Template Access to Lead Owner Extension field

I attempting to place a merge field into a Custom Email Template. The template is related to the Lead Standard Object. Because I am working with Lead Fields, and I need to place the Lead Owner's Extension inside of the template.

But I am running into a problem, only the following Lead Owner fields are available:

• {!Lead.OwnerId}
  • {!Lead.OwnerEmail}
  • {!Lead.OwnerFirstName}
  • {!Lead.OwnerFullName}
  • {!Lead.OwnerLastName}
  • {!Lead.OwnerPhone}
  • {!Lead.OwnerTitle}

There doesn't seem to be a field available for the Lead Owner Extension field. I have attempted to use the following solution

• {!Lead.Owner.Extension}

But, when I place it into the template and hit the save button, it will truncate the "Extension" portion of the merge field. Leaving only {!Lead.Owner} in the template.

I am sure that there has to be a solution for this issue, but it is currently evading me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gigi_JacksonGigi_Jackson

I am having the same problem.  I tried {!Lead.OwnerExtension} but did not get anything returned.  I may just have to move user's extension to the Phone field.

SunsterSunster
I apologize for not posting this earlier, but I eventually did place the extension into the Phone field of the User. That worked well. Although, I would like to be able to separate extensions from Phone numbers eventually.