function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jotr408jotr408 

Report for blank child records

I have Object A which is the parent object, and Object B (child object).  I would like to run a report that shows all IDs from Object A that has no records of Object B.    How would I go about doin this?

srikeerthisrikeerthi

Hi

You can specify the filter condition on Report,Add Condition on Object B where B Name equals null.

jotr408jotr408

I tried that, I added Filter where B Name equals null.  It still shows results for Object A with many Object B records.  

srikeerthisrikeerthi

Hi

You can Create Report only on Object B,specifying that Object A Name equals null and do groupby A name(feild).

And then add a chart you can see the result.

Because in the Report between Object A and Object B you will not get the A name in Object B to specify the condition

as A name equals null.

Did you get me?

jotr408jotr408

No I don't follow you, I did it your way and got no results at all.

So another way of putting it.  I did a report of both A & B (A being the parent, B child).  I grouped it by A name, and it shows the number of B records under each.  I ran the report, it shows all A items with B results under each.   Now I can see the ones that do not have any B records, so how do I just extract those records into a report?  Basically to show all results for A that has no object B records.  

srikeerthisrikeerthi

Yes I have told the Same for you when you create Report between A and B,then

when you are specifying the Filter Condition,in Object B you will be unable to find the

Field A name,if you have that Field on Object B then you can specify it as on Object B,

if Field A name equals Null to get those records that have null value.

So it is not possible to get the A name in Object B when you specify

filter condition.