function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jerun JoseJerun Jose 

DataLoader to load fields with Static values

Hi,

Is there anyway to program the dataLoader to load a field with a static value ?

I have a server where different source CSV files will be placed. All this data needs to be loaded into a staging object.

I have a field 'Source System' in the staging object. I need to mark this field with the source system name.

What I am trying to do is, to have diffenet beans in my process-conf.xml, each one referring to a different source file and using an appropriate mapping. However, depending on which source I am using, I need to be able to mark the field 'Source System' with a static value. Is there someway to acheive this ?? Like is there some convention in the mapping document with which I can pass static values .. something like.

#SFDC = # CSVColumnName

Name = "MySourceSystem"

Thanks

Susan TaylorSusan Taylor
Okay - this was years ago, and I'm pretty sure the original poster was looking to pass in a parameter for the static value, in which case you would probably need to write a script to update your mapping file (.sdl) before running your batch. 

If like me you're here trying to remind yourself the right format for coding a constant / static value in your .sdl file -   put the value you want on the left and the field name on the right:

"Convention2018"=Lead_Source__c