function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RakeebRakeeb 

Kindly Read the following Scenario

I am designing a app for my client which has to capture lot of information which is out of Standard Objects implementation. So I started creating Custom Objects to fulfill the needs. I need a suggestion on whether my approach is correct or wrong - before I design all my Objects. Example:

Requirement: I have Partners Objects which has multiple contacts and each of the contact will have multiple addresses. I have created the following Objects to address the functionality

Partners, Contacts (Used Standard), Address, City, State and Country

--Partners will have Contacts lookup

--Contacts has Address lookup

--Address has City lookup

--City has State and State has Country lookup

Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

I am not sure do you need city state and country objects as all those constitute a address so when you have a contact which has 5 address you can create 5 address object records, and Address Records Should have fields City , State ,  Country.

plese ask if any confusion in it.

We had similar thing :

Location Custom Object -> which had Address, City,State, Country as field 

In your case and contact shoukd have a lookup to location.

RakeebRakeeb

Sheshikanth, Thanks for quick reply.

I may need to use City, State, Country Objects in some other places where i just need City to lookup.

My concern here is i am splitting the Objects in to relational database way which i am not sure whether it causes any problem in future in data mining for any reports or any other unforeseen problems.

Thanks

Ashwaq

Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

In that case if you are going to use reporting and that also you want scalable than Your approach looks fine to me.