function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SupervedisSupervedis 

How to make an attached document to display under a custom object [Candidate]

I have a custom object called Candidate onto which I have added a custom button labeled 'Add CV' , on clicking the Add CV button, a visual force page pops up that prompts me for the file upload, and on successful upload the file is stored under the documents object which is fine. My problem is that the uploaded file or files related to a particular candidate is not shown under or reflected under the Candidate custom object. How can I make a connection between the Candidate and standard Document object so that any uploaded file that belongs to a particular Candidate is also reflected under that Candidate custom object.

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

Don't think you can do this. What I would suggest you to upload your files in Notes and attachments and not in document. Your custom object will have a related list of notes and attachments where all files uploaded to particular candidate will be show.

This will make your schema more simple and easy to use.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

SupervedisSupervedis

The problem with uploading them as notes and attachments is that you can't access them when you want to send an email with the CVs as an attachment.

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

How you are sending an email-> via Apex? If yes then you can access the attachment and attach it in email.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page