function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Edwin KEdwin K 

Not prompting input new password after generate new password for the first time in customer portal

Hi,

I want to ask about why my portal users don't get prompt page to input a new password after the admin create new portal user with "generate new password..." checked.. The admin needs to reset the portal user's password so portal user can input new password.. I want my portal user can input his/her new password after the admin generate password for the first time.. any suggestions would be great..

Thanks...

srikeerthisrikeerthi

Hi

The Generate new password and Notify User immediately works for the first you create the User.

So after the admin creates a new password,again the User wont get the alert for creating again a

new Password.

If you want your users to create New Password you can do that in this way.

In your Home Page Layout enable Customer Portal Welcome then they will be able to see

Welcome CustomPortal MyProfile/LogOut

Go to MyProfile now the user can reset his password.

Thanks

Edwin KEdwin K

But I create a new portal user so does it mean I create the portal user for the first time? Meaning I create a new contact and enable as portal for the first time to that contact..

But your solution works great anyway..

srikeerthisrikeerthi

Yes

When you first time enable a Contact as Portal User,then you will create a User then a password is sent to your 

mail,then if you dont want you(System Administrator) to set Password for the first time,then you can ask your users 

to login for the First time with the password that is sent to ur mail and then they can set their New Password.

That becomes the First Login of Portal.

If this solves your problem please mask it as solution,so that others can benefit from this.

Thanks