function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rajesh_SFGRajesh_SFG 

Validation Rule Error: Incorrect parameter for operator '<'

Hi all,

I need to create the validation rule from without relationship objects. i have created one custom object like "DPT_Configuration__c" in such object have 'Request_Quantity__c' field. In this field compare to another object of "Trial__c" field 'Quantity__c'. i have created validation rule on Trial__c custom object. like given below

$ObjectType.DPT_Configuration__c.Fields.Request_Quantity__c  <   Quantity__c  &&  Remarks__c  = null

but this throw the syntex error : Incorrect parameter for operator '<'. Expected Number, Date, DateTime, received Object

How to solve this..

KaranrajKaranraj

did you check the data type for the both fields, because you cant check text with number fields

Rajesh_SFGRajesh_SFG

Both fields are number field only.. but i can't this. but my doubt is can i validate from other custom object field?

KaranrajKaranraj

$Objecttype global merge field type to use when referencing standard or custom objects such as accounts, cases, or opportunities as well as the value of a field on that object. Use object type merge fields in LINKTOGETRECORDIDS, and URLFOR functions to reference a specific type of data or theVLOOKUP function to reference a specific field in a related object.

Rajesh_SFGRajesh_SFG

well but could not support the formula for LINKTO, GETRECORDIDS, URLFOR  like this..

Alex TabbalAlex Tabbal
Was this resolved? I'm getting the same error. Why this way of referencing fields from another Object is not correct?