function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
noreasternoreaster 

Force.com explorer 1009 Error

I cant figure out why I am getting this error when trying to query an object.  Any suggestions?  Thanks

Rob

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
danaledanale

Hi all, we have a minor fix to Force.com Explorer that resolves the issue, so you can run with the latest AIR upgrade as well. Go to the wiki page for the download here: http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/ForceExplorer

Please let me know in this thread if you have any problems. Thanks!

All Answers

danaledanale

Interestingly, we suddenly had serveral reports of this error today (and none before).

We've pinpointed the problem to the latest AIR upgrade. We hope to have a fix and updated executable within the next few days.

Thanks!

noreasternoreaster

Thanks for the Reply............thats good news! 

mshelmanmshelman

Yes I am seeing this also.  It seemed to start after being prompted to update Adobe AIR.

Mike

dcelldcell

Adobe Air recently released AdobeAir 3.0.  This was automatically updated if you selected "Check Updates" from that annoying as hell popup that ALWAYS pops up when you start Force.com Explorer.

This update broke the current Explorer.

Uninstall Adobe Air 3.0 and reinstall the 2.7.1 version which you can find at:

http://www.oldapps.com/adobe_air.php?old_adobe_air=6608

This worked for me.

DaveS

P.S. If SFDC comes out with an update, then try that, of course, but until then use 2.7.1

noreasternoreaster

That worked...........Thanks!

Mark P.Mark P.

Worked for me as well. Thanks!

dcelldcell

Happy to Help!

danaledanale

Hi all, we have a minor fix to Force.com Explorer that resolves the issue, so you can run with the latest AIR upgrade as well. Go to the wiki page for the download here: http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/ForceExplorer

Please let me know in this thread if you have any problems. Thanks!

This was selected as the best answer
dcelldcell

This update worked perfectly.

The new version of the Force Explorer worked perfectly with Adobe Air 3.

Thanks very much for the fix,
Dave Seligson 

Larry BlakeLarry Blake

The 58A update does solve the problem, thanks.  But my broken version (I think it was 58) didn't recognize that there was a newer one available.  I kept hitting "Check for Updates" and it said none were available.  I didn't know about this until I visited the boards again.

danaledanale

Thanks for pointing that out, Larry. I noticed it too. I haven't had time to dig into it yet, but I suspect the expected file naming format was not followed and so the update isn't being detected. Hopefully I'll have time soon to take a look at what our last development team did over a year ago and get it straightened out.

Larry BlakeLarry Blake

BTW, is 58A an update only for people on Air 3.0?  Others in my office have put off accepting the Air update.  If they're on an older version, will 58A still work?

randrzejewskirandrzejewski

I had the same issue this morning.  Air 3.0 and Force.com Explorer .58a fixed the issue.  All my other Air apps are fine (balsamiq, etc.)  Go with.58a and you'll be fine.

Hans74Hans74

I think the error still occurs in 0.58A when right-clicking an Object and click 'Generate Report'

m22baker-dfm22baker-df

Hans,

I ran into the same issue here when trying to generate a report.  Any fix coming soon?

ItsMeSolItsMeSol

Good Day!

Is there a End User License Agreement of this Open Source Software?

ItsMeSolItsMeSol

Where I can get the License of this software? It was stated in the developer force about the license http://sforce.sourceforge.net/, but its only a template. Kindly advise.

Thanks.

tarunguptatarungupta

Hi,

I am facing the same issue from last some days. I have upgraded Adobe air to 3.7

I tried to re-install the Adobe Air 2.7 version and try to open Force. com explorer but I am still getting #1009 error.

Is there any update on it, if any one else is facing the same issue or any update from Admin would be great.

Thanks

karuna.hotlani1.3887696980133984E12karuna.hotlani1.3887696980133984E12
I am not able to install Force.com Explorer. I have AdobeAir installed.
Getting below error when trying to install:
"The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author."
Please help me out

Thanks
Global Admin 27Global Admin 27
Hey I am getting the same error. I have installed the latest version of Adobe AIR and downloaded the latest version of Force.com Explorer. And I'm using Windows 10 64-bit system. Please help me out. Thanks.