function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ngonzalezngonzalez 

Adding Activity History records through API

In my current project I would like to hook my program up to Salesforce to automatically insert activity records into SalesForce. However, the API does not seem to support the create / upsert method for this type of object http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_activityhistory.htm.

I'd rather do this than be forced to just insert generic notes, so does anyone know another way to do this, or at least have a reason why you cannot create new activity history outside of SalesForce?

Cory CowgillCory Cowgill

You can accomplish this by inserting Task and Event records. The Activity History table internally will include these records once they are marked as Complete and/or have an ActivityDate in the past. I can't remember which one, but essentially you insert the records onto the Task and Event Tables, and mark the dates/status's as complete, and they should show up in the Activity History table automatically.

MagnetismMagnetism
Cory... it worked for me. Thanks for your answer.
Rich Howard 6Rich Howard 6
Can you explain a little further by chance? I am trying to add page views and website events to this in SF. Any additional help would be appreciated.