function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sri srisri sri 

will the child object be the master for another object?

Hi

I have A B C objects. And i related "A" is child of B and C (both are Master Detail Relationship)

Now i have created X object, and now i want to create MD relation on X with "A" as Master for X object.

Here i am unable to find the "A" while creating this on X object.

can somebody help me 

Thanks

Sri

Rise AnalyticsRise Analytics

A is a "junction object" since it is the child in 2 master-detail relationships and junction objects are not permitted to be a master in another MD relationship so this is not possible.

sri srisri sri

Thanks for the info...

So is there is any posibility like first creating a lookup relation and later converting it to the Master detail relation?

Thanks 

Sri

Deepak Kumar ShyoranDeepak Kumar Shyoran

Hi Sri,

Yes you can change the LookUp relationship to the Master relation ship easily.All you have to do is insert value in that lookUp field for all the records and then go to setup-->Seletect that object-->> then go to Edit link of that lookup field which you want to convert -->> change type -->>select master detail relation ship-->> and then save it.But the first think is you have to fill the value in that lookupall field  for all records exist on that particular object otherwise conversion from lookup to master will not possible.

Don't forget to give Kudos if this post helped you.

Mark my answer as a solution to your question if it solve your problem.

Best Regards,

Choudhary Deepak Shyoran

Salesforce Developer