function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DevelopementDevelopement 

Fields in a Object

Hi,

I have an object "Table" and it has 500 fields in it. I need to clean up this object.

How can I find which field is never used out of 500 by user so that I can remove it?

Thanks

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

This directly not possible to identify is any field being used or not any where.
Ecplise is best tool to check this please take a backup in ecplise of all components like VF page, apex code, Work flow, field update, validation rules and formula fields.
In order to delete :
1. Please find out Apex code where you might used this field there then firstly you need to remove reference from apex code then you will be able to delete it.
2. Please check if this field is blank for all records in org then you may consider this field is not being used by client.

Ecplipse will let significance of that field to you.

damienowendamienowen

If you're asking how to identify which fields are never used by users (i.e. they never enter data into the field) you can use either a report a list view. Report is probably best. Just add a filter where <field> != "". Then you'll see how many records have any specific populated and you can make a decision whether or not to delete the field

Devendra@SFDCDevendra@SFDC

Hi,

Apart from all other suggestion one more thing you can do is,

Try to delete field from Salesforce UI. If that particular field is referenced in any other component such as VF page, Apex Class, Trigger etc then It will show related components list else it will directly delete that field.

Thanks,

Devendra