function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ryepes15ryepes15 

Visibility to case i create but are owned by a queue

The user is able to see cases that are created by them and assigned to users,however when its assigned to a queue they loose visibility, how can we change this?

AroraAnupAroraAnup

I am assuming your OWD on Cases is PRIVATE. Which is why users lose visibility once a Case gets into a Queue. You may want to consider using "Criteria-based Sharing rules" to overcome this issue. Criteria can say if Case Owner = <QueueName>,  then it should be shared with a certain group of users or roles.

Other option could be to use Case Teams, which would be manual, but can be automated using triggers to dynamically add users (Initial owner or Case creator) to the Case Team so that he/she continues to get visibility into the case even if it gets queued.

Hope this helps!

ryepes15ryepes15
Thank you for your response. I just want the user that created the case to be able to see all the cases that they created regardless of the ownership :(.. looks like it's not an easy change to make.

[cid:image001.jpg@01CE14E4.54707C00]

Rosemary Yepes
CRM Administrator

AutoTrader Group
195 Technology Drive
Irvine, CA 92618

ryepes@kbb.com

tel:

AroraAnupAroraAnup

What is the Organization Wide Default setting that you have on Cases? Is it Public R/W, R/O or Private? In case you want Cases to be open to all, then keeping the OWD to Public R/W or Public R/O would make sense. If it has to be private, then we would probably need to look at options like Case Teams or Criteria-based sharing rules.

Do provide some more insight into the requirements and I should be able to help you out! :)