function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NapsterNapster 

How to skip a standard page.

Hi friends,

Im having a small issue and hope you guys can help me out with it.

While creating a new Case, it asks to choose the record type first and then goes to the creation page.

I need to know how to skip the first page so that clicking on new directy goes to the creaation page.

Deepak Kumar ShyoranDeepak Kumar Shyoran

HI Napster,

This is because you have created some custom record type on Case that's why it ask you first to selected a record type then it took you on next page to i.e to create a new Case.So if you want to skip this page you can do it in two ways :-

1-Delete all the records type you have on your case object.

2-Go to the records type and unselect the Activate checkbox from there.

I suggest you to go through with the second approach,because you have to revert back your changes then you do it by again selecting that Activate chekbox.

To edit records type go to -->setup-->customize-->cases tab -->records type .

Please let me know if you have doubt.

Don't forget to give Kudos if this post helped you.

Mark my answer as a solution to your question if it solve your problem.

Best Regards,

Choudhary Deepak Shyoran

Salesforce Developer

AroraAnupAroraAnup

In my opinion, before deleting or deactivating a record type, you probably need to look back at your requirements:

1. Why do you need to skip the record type selection page? Do take note that if you deactivate or delete a record type, users will not be able to use it anymore.

2. What if users should have access to all the available record types in order to create different cases as per the support processes?

You may want to consider the following options as well:

1. Record Type selection at Profile level - Instead of deleting/deactivating a record type, you can modify the user profiles and define which all record types should they be able to access. If they should just have one record type, then set that as the ONLY record type at their profile. This way they will not get the Record type selection page and will go straight to the Case Creation page when they click NEW CASE.

2. Users can also choose which record type they should get under the following setup screen:

Your Name | Setup | My Personal Information | Record Type Selection

Check any box to automatically select the default record type when creating records of that type.
Any unchecked boxes indicate that you prefer to be prompted to select a record type.

Hope this helps! Do click KUDOS if you find this post helpful!

Yoganand GadekarYoganand Gadekar

You can make the default record autoselection by checking a tickbox in My personal Information --> select record type.