function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
saisaisaisai 

Are data object centralized objects which will be available for all the appliations.

Is it right to assume that the DataObjects and classes and rest of the development related assets which r created by one developer r immediately available to all the developers in the entire enterprse.

What if we have a need to develop an application for senior management only and would not like the  related assets of this app to be available throughout the app what we do.

Any input is appreciated.

Please help.

Thanks

Sai

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
AroraAnupAroraAnup

Once you create a custom component (object, class, trigger, VF page etc), it is available to all the developers who have access to your Salesforce.com environment, not the entire SFDC community out there! The whole concept of "Re-usability" is based upon the fact that if you have made a custom module which is being used for a specific function or process, you can always model it in such a way so that the same can be used for another function, process or business unit within your organization. 

In case you want several modules or functionalities to be made only available to the Senior Management, you can do so my making it accessible to only the Senior Management profiles so that the other user's are not able to see/use it. 

From a development perspective, since these components are all in one org and all your developers (who I assume will be on Sys Admin profile), will be able to access it. I believe it's more of a governance and ongoing administration issue that they don't make changes to any such components.

Hope this helps! Do click KUDOS if you find this post helpful!