function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JThemussJThemuss 

Problems importing notes data into Accounts and Contacts object

Hi Guys..

Just used the Import My Orgs Account & Contacts wizard to import 6,100 records into our org.

My import file (CSV) had a field called Combined Notes which I mapped to the Description field in the Account object.

I ran the import... all looked good.. the email reporting the number of records imported matched the file...

Except...

When I looked closer the notes were imported in a way that can only be described as randomly.

i.e. the first Account record has the correct notes... "    Info pack, no samples, sent 13/5/05      "

The rest however have notes from totally different records..

However the other compnay, address, contact data etc is correct..

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this happened and how I can import them properly?

Really confused and worried about this..

Thanks

j.themuss

AroraAnupAroraAnup

Hmm....interesting! Here is what I would suggest you to do:

1. You said you mapped the "Combined Notes" field to the Description field on Accounts. Are you using the standard Description field or is it a custom one? If custom, you may want to check on the field length (data gets truncated if the field size is less than the value in the corresponding column in the CSV file. If you are using the standard one, which is a 32000-character long text area, I would still suggest that you check the values in this column in your data sheet.

2. Since the data is already uploaded in SF now, I am not going to ask you to delete it. You may want to update the Accounts for this field only, using data loader (you can take an export from SF to get the Account IDs and then map them back to your data source (using a V-lookup using Account name or any other unique identified). See if Data loader helps you solve the problem.

Do let me know the results and I would be happy to help you out further!