function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TenaTena 

Salesforce Certification Questions

I am looking at some of the practice exams and there are a couple of questions I don't agree with and was wondering if anyone can explain why the answers are what they are.

1)  A workflow rule can only be triggered when a record is created. 

(Answer is true).  Why would that be if a workflow can be triggered when a record is updated?

2)  Validation rules are executed when using the data loader (I don't remember the exact wording)

(Answer is false)  I have used the data loader many times and if the records don’t meet the validation rules it will error out.  Why is the answer false?

Can they just be old questions that have changed?

Cory CowgillCory Cowgill

1) A workflow rule can be fired on Create, Created or Edited First Time Criteria is Met, Everytime a Record is Edited. That is the correct answer.

2) Validation Rules fire at the Database Layer. So they do in fact get triggerd from API calls (Data Loader, External Systems, ETC).

Is this a practice exam on the SFDC Website, or a third party website? I think this may be an issue with the website as those answers are definetly wrong.

TenaTena

Here is where I found 1 of the questions.

http://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/story.php?title=sfdc-adm-201-practice-exam-2

I guess I just do the classes and not rely on test that I find on line.