function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
trictric 

Custom Button on an event object

Hi,

I have created custom button on the event object and has also put that on the Page layout.However,when I click on the contact object and select record and then hit on create new button on the open activities related list I do not see custom button on the event page page.I only see default button's. What is that I am missing?

I have admin access so security will not be a problem.Can somebody please help or let me know the steps to create custom button ffor an event object.

Thanks,
G

NJ101NJ101

Hi,

I guess you are trying to view the button on the edit page, is that right? Unfortunately there is now way without having a visualforce page for this.

There is an Idea that you could vote for this feature :  custom buttons on edit view

You could create a custom visualforce page for Edit view and add the button to that.

Cheers,
NJ.

trick1trick1

Thanks, NJ101

All I need to do is to create PDF in which I want to capture event details and show those details as PDF. I need to create custom button so when somebody clicks on the custom button it captures all event infomation and show it as PDF,which is then saved.

How do I do this if I cannot see button.salesforce allows me to put button on the page layout level.

Is there a way to do this.

Thanks,

Trick

sdouglassdouglas

Trick,

To control content type (one of your requirements is to export as PDF) you will need a visualforce page.

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance feel free to reach out to me.

NJ101NJ101

Hi Trick,

Well, if you are not looking for a button on edit view, and if you have caretared a "Detail  Page Button"  & added the same to the pageLayout, you should then see this button when you view event page.

If you are not seeing it, then your profile might be attached to a different page layout.

Hope you know that you should involk the visualforce page using the button.

Let me know whether the issue is not seeing the button or whether you need help on creating the visualforce page?

Cheers,

NJ