function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CloudigyCloudigy 

Is there a way to FTP content out of SFDC

I have documents stored in SFDC and I would like to move them out.  Can I connect to FTP to move these files from SFDC..? Is so what is the URL and port to do this.  If not what are other alternatives in moving content out of SFDC?

Thank you!

-Cloudigy

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Use the Apex Data Loader if you wish to import or export documents to your computer. You can find it in Setup > Data Management > Apex Data Loader. You can also request a data export (Setup > Data Management > Data Export).

Use SOAP-based file uploads or Outbound Messaging if you wish to have salesforce.com automatically move the files to another server (requires custom development).

All Answers

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Use the Apex Data Loader if you wish to import or export documents to your computer. You can find it in Setup > Data Management > Apex Data Loader. You can also request a data export (Setup > Data Management > Data Export).

Use SOAP-based file uploads or Outbound Messaging if you wish to have salesforce.com automatically move the files to another server (requires custom development).

This was selected as the best answer
CloudigyCloudigy

Thank you, I will try that.

For the custom development is there API documentation available?

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/index.htm

Look for "Outbound Messaging" in the search feature. The first four to six results contains all the information you'd need about Outbound Messaging. Also of interest would be the query() and retrieve() commands.

CloudigyCloudigy

Got it thanks.

COZYROCCOZYROC

If you have licensed SQL Server and prefer to use a solution, which doesn't require programming skills check the commercial CozyRoc SSIS+ library. The library includes Saleforce adapters, which you can use to export data from Salesforce and it also includes both regular and secure SFTP Task, which you can use to upload the files.

Sales@EnzigmaSales@Enzigma

Hi ,

We have tool that best suits your requirement, kindly follow the link below.

http://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016ZwDEAU#

You can write to us on wecare@enzigma.com or call us on +1 (415) 830-3694. We will appreciate if you can provide us your suitable time for the demo.

Regards,

Chetan P Dighe

gsmithfarmergsmithfarmer

The open source python tool SQLForce (see www.capstorm.com) can be used to fetched and decode SFDC's base-64 encoding for any number of documents (in about 10 lines for code). I use this tool to both upload and extract batches of documents.

Another option is to extract to documents into a local RDBMS using CopyStorm and then use tools you are familiar with on the document data. Some people find this easier than writing custom Python or using the SFDC API.

For python using SQLForcd:

session = SQLForce.Session("credentialReference")

for rec in session.selectRecords("SELECT name, body FROM Attachment WHERE ...your cirteria..")

decodedData = rec.body.decode('base64', 'strict')

# Codeto write the decoded data to a local file

Mohisha AchuMohisha Achu
Hi!

I think you can use Skyvia to integrate Salesforce data to FTP. This functionality is free. You will need to set up the connections to you Salesforce and FTP accounts, select the necessary data visually and specify the scheduling time. Read here https://skyvia.com/data-integration/integrate-salesforce-ftp