function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GhilliGhilli 

CreatedBy.Name value is not visible in partner portal side

Hi Friends,

I have a visual force page where i was displaying records with the field createdby.name. This was working for me before summer 12 release.

After i activated summer 12 release, createdby.name field does not show the value. The query have the value but when showing them in partner portal, it is not showing up.

If anyone have any idea on this issue please let me know.

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
GhilliGhilli

Hey Buddy,

It is not working.... I created a formula field to show the created by name here instead. :)

Thank you.

All Answers

AmitSahuAmitSahu
What is the code you have written for this line? It has nothing to do with summer 12 version though
GhilliGhilli
public List<GE_PRM_Appointment__c> getAppointments(){

lstAppt = [select id, name, ge_prm_status__c, createdby.name, createddate from GE_PRM_Appointment__c where GE_PRM_Account_Name__c =: PartnerAccountId];
         return lstAppt;
     }
This is the method i am using to retrieve the data.

VF page:

<apex:repeat value="{!Appointments}" var="item">
<tr> <td style="width:130px; padding-left: 5px;">{!item.Name}</td>
     <td style="width:130px; padding-left: 5px;">
<apex:outputfield value="{!item.Createddate}"/></td> <td style="width:130px; padding-left: 5px;">{!item.Createdby.name}</td> <td style="width:130px; padding-left: 5px;">{!item.Status__c}</td> <td style="width:130px; padding-left: 5px;"><apex:commandLink action="/apex/prm_introduction_page?id={!item.id}" value="Go To Form"/></td> </tr> </apex:repeat>

Except createdby.Name all other fields are getting displayed.

Thanks.
AmitSahuAmitSahu
Add createdbyid to your query
GhilliGhilli

It is giving me 15 digit user record id.

GhilliGhilli

Hey Buddy,

It is not working.... I created a formula field to show the created by name here instead. :)

Thank you.

This was selected as the best answer
bsadeghibsadeghi

We have the same exact problem and this is not a solution. We need to know why Summer 12 is breaking our code. We have this all over our applications and all of them are failing now for Partner users. Any Idea why this is happening? The code has not been changed in the past year.. Regular users have no problem querying but it returns Null if you are logged in with Partner user.