function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ChrisB760ChrisB760 

How to write a line-break in an auto-fill button?? (line-break via URL)

Hi everyone,

I've written a HYPERLINK formula button that opens a new page and auto-fills a bunch of fields, but one of the fields is a text box (it's auto-populating a text box with a value that was in a text box on the previous page).  The text box has line breaks and I need to repeat the line breaks in the text box on the new page, but I can't figure out for the life of me how I do it.  Does anyone know how to move text (that includes the carriage returns) from one text box to another using the HYPERLINK formula function button (As opposed to the normal "Custom Button"??

I prefer to make my buttons in the form of clickable hyperlink formula fields that I can place anywhere on the page instead of the typical custom buttons at the top of the page (that way I can assign logic to them and make them more intuitive by having the buttons dynamically change and tell the user what to do next and go to different URL's based on what needs to be done).  Normally I've never come accross anything that couldn't be done that way, but this is probably the first wall I've hit using that method.  Thanks a bunch to anyone who has any ideas on this one.