function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
onionsouponionsoup 

How to use database.com in a mobile app without authenticating each user?

Hi folks,

I want to develop a mobile app (ios/android) that users would insert data in a database object/table.

The data will be submited without login/password. Any user that install my app would be allowed to submit data with some constraints related to repeating and their device ID (UDID).

I've followed some tutorials about oauth authentication, but the problem is that all of them involve redirecting to a URL and clicking allow approving access  (http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Digging_Deeper_into_OAuth_2.0_on_Force.com)

How can I insert records on a table without intermediate authentication? 

Image that I want to create an app that would allow users to report that they saw an eagle... I just want that the app allow users to send the gps coordinates and for instance a photo to my table object. 

Is this possible to do with database.com services?

Regards

Joao

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SuperfellSuperfell

Yes, you can use the username/password oauth flow which can be done entirely programatically, (or use the soap login call).

All Answers

SuperfellSuperfell

Yes, you can use the username/password oauth flow which can be done entirely programatically, (or use the soap login call).

This was selected as the best answer
onionsouponionsoup

Thanks... I've made it to get a token!

Is this suitable for dozen concurrent requests? Each device will get his own token ?

Regards,

Joao