function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sdavidow9sdavidow9 

ANT Migration Toolkit and Custom Labels

Hi, I've been trying to sort out the ANT Migration toolkit and I'm having an issue with Custom Labels.

I'm getting:

Entity type 'CustomLabels' is not available in this api versionpackage.xml

My Package File:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Package xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata"> <types> <members>*</members> <name>CustomLabels</name> </types> <version>18.0</version> </Package>

Any ideas?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sdavidow9sdavidow9

Figured it out...it had to do with using an older version of the migration toolkit.  Not sure what version I had, but I re-downloaded the toolkit from SFDC --> setup -->develop --> tools and replaced the ant-salesforce.jar file with the new one...suddenly custom labels worked.

I guess it pays to get the latest and greatest rather than using what a coworker sends you :)

All Answers

shillyershillyer

Use version 17.0, 18.0 doesn't go live until Spring 10 goes live.

Hope that helps,

Sati

sdavidow9sdavidow9

I've actually tried several versions...The sample package I had started with was set to 13.  I tried 17 as well as 18.

I wish that was it, and unless there's some sort of caching issue with ANT, nope...that doesnt's seem to make a difference.

sdavidow9sdavidow9

Figured it out...it had to do with using an older version of the migration toolkit.  Not sure what version I had, but I re-downloaded the toolkit from SFDC --> setup -->develop --> tools and replaced the ant-salesforce.jar file with the new one...suddenly custom labels worked.

I guess it pays to get the latest and greatest rather than using what a coworker sends you :)

This was selected as the best answer