function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SamarjitSamarjit 

How to create a replica of development enviroment of one org in an another org

Hi,

I am developing an application in Force.com plateform for a while. I have already release a version too. But now I have to create  a replica of all the custom things e.g. Object,Trigger,Classes,Pages,Fields etc.in an another org. so that I can try something for experiment. Is it possible to do so? If yes, then can anyone please explain me how to do that.

Regards,

Samarjit

NasipuriNasipuri

Hi Samarjit,

You can use the Force.com IDE for the eclipse to to the application migration (move the component from one environment to another) or alternatively use the Saleforce.com packaging capability.

for the detail please visit the link below

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/An_Introduction_to_Packaging

Thanks and Regards,

Dinesh Nasipuri

Dinesh.Nasipuri@gmail.com

SamarjitSamarjit

HI Dinesh,

Thank you for your reply. Actually I tried with the eclipse as i am using eclipse for the development. But when I tried to deploy to my secondary org the code doesnot pass the validation test because for some fields it shows that No such column on the particular entity.I dont know what is the actual problem.

And for packaging , I have a manage package. Can I migrate all the source code to the another org using the manage package ? But till now what I am doing doesnot show the source code to edit anything. 

Thanks and Regards,

Samarjit

ScriptMonkeyScriptMonkey
Samarjit, It's been quite some time since you posted this, but in case anyone else looks, I have the answer you were looking for. If you wanted to use Eclipse to migrate your data, you need to make sure it's updating all the objects and such as well. Right click on the project and choose properties, then expand the Force.com option and choose project contents. You can choose Add/remove in the top corner to add things like workflows, custom objects, and the like. Now you can see the newest data in your eclipse project and it can be migrated to another org. Option B was to use Salesforce packages. You are correct that you cannot see the code in a managed package. While you can only have one managed package, you can have as many unmanaged packages as you want, so you can make an unmanaged version of your managed package, and install that elsewhere to see the code. I hope this helps you, or someone else. Matt