function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gilbert8109gilbert8109 

Pre-populate Case fields

Hi:

Simple problem I'm sure the experts here can help me with.  I have an S-control in SF called "Training."  This s-control is simply a collection of links to websites and SF Documents that contain training materials for SF users.  On this training obect (which is a tab also), I just put a link up that leads users to a pop-up browser that is a new Case.  The link works fine.  What I want, however, is for about 5 of the Case fields to be pre-populated.  So, for example, when a user clicks on this link in the Training tab, a new Case will pop-up, and I want that user to see the Case "Type" pre-populated with a certain picklist option (the Type is a picklist field with 10 options, but I want this new Case to appear to the user with a pre-populated value that is one specific option in that list).

I think I can write these pre-populated values for these 5 fields into the actual S-Control code.  Here is the code as I have it so far and it works, but no fields are pre-populated:

<li><a target="_blank" style="text-decoration:none" href=https://na5.salesforce.com/500/e?retURL=%2Fhome%2Fhome.jsp">Submit a Change Request for MonAFI</a></li>

Any ideas?  I'm thinking there must be a way to add something like "&Type=xxx" to the end of the URL to get that field to pre-populate, but I can't get it to work.

Thanks!