function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sf-integratrsf-integratr 

need help with email catching in SF

I need to catch all inbound and outbound email in SF.

Yesterday, I found an option "Email to Salesforce" - anybody knows how can  it help or may be propose another solution?

werewolfwerewolf

You seriously want to catch _all_ inbound and outbound email traffic in Salesforce.com?  Why?

Email to Salesforce probably would work for that, but it seems like you'd run up against storage limits pretty quickly.

sf-integratrsf-integratr
I want a copy of each email for secondary issue tracker., which works fine currently.
ciccic

Email to salesforce will link the emails to a contact by matching the address.  If you want more you can use Email to Apex.  That way you can write code to process emails and place them any where you want.  But you have to write an Apex class to drive it.

We've done the later to catch all emails to job candidates.  You can set the global BCC address in order to catch all outgoing emails to your Email To Apex code.  You can also set you email server (or outlook or whatever you use) to also forward a coy to that adress.  That way you get a full record of outgoing and incoming emails.

The post above is correct though - best to use a bit selectively where the audit trail is important.  Otherwise you have an expensive email store.