function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
feelsfdcfeelsfdc 

What is the Difference Between SandBox, Full sandbox

werewolfwerewolf
Setup-only sandbox will have your metadata (your custom fields and objects, Apex code, etc.) but none of your data.  Full sandbox will copy over your data too.
feelsfdcfeelsfdc

Hi werewolf,

Thank you. have one more question, Will Production contain MetaData and Transactional Data too?  see, in our organization we do have monthly releases and we push the code to qa. I believe qa is sandbox and it does contain meta data as well as transactional data too. Later on we push into production, i think it should  contain metadata and transactional data too.  production sandbox contain which data? what is the difference between production sandbox and Full sandbox? Please do clarify me?

Thanks.

werewolfwerewolf

I'm not sure what you're talking about.  Sandbox is the system you test your stuff on; production is what your users actually use.  Setup-only sandbox has metadata but no data.  Full sandbox has metadata and data that is copied over from production for testing purposes.  Production obviously holds the metadata and the transactional data that your users actually use.

When you push from sandbox to production, you are pushing metadata -- your custom objects, fields, and code.  You do not push data from sandbox to production.  That would be silly.

vasuvasu

Hi All,

How to transfer data from Sandbox to Production  in sales force ?????????

Thanks

vasu

knightknight
you could either export it using data export or using dataloader. we have used castiron for data trasnformation and dataloading between different orgs
Kashyap PatelKashyap Patel

The main differences the other responses have covered. The key being size of the sandbox and that full sandbox get's a full copy of the data from production. There's an app that i developed (just finished on november 3rd 2012) which transfers data from production to a config or dev sandbox. This helps to get around the 30 day refresh limitation of salesforce. check out www.sfapex.com for the app. also, because of the size limit, it also lets you specify what data to bring over.