function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Danny_SpyDanny_Spy 

Auto Populate field values from Account Object to Opportunity Account.

Hello All,

I have a scenario where I have certain fields like PNO, AcctNo fields from Account Object to be autopopulated in the OPPORTUNITY Object.

For Ex - Account - "XYZ" and if i pick this account name in that Opportunity Object couple of other fields should be autopopulated along with the account name (fields - PNO, AcctNo).

I have all the account fields available in the Opportunity Object (Now, we are entering manually, we need to automate this)

Please help me how to accomplish this task.... Any thoughts/Ideas/Suggestions??? Please let me know..

Your Help is much appreciated. ManY Thanks.

Regards,

Danny

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

Create formula fields (text) for PNO and AcctNo in opportunity object. It will automatically gets populated on selecting account from opportunity.

Try out the following formula:

Account__r.PNO and Account__r.AcctNo

Hope this helps.

All Answers

KCarmenKCarmen

Hi Danny -

Sounds like you and I are trying to accomplish close to the same thing so I'm posting along with you rather than starting a new thread.

I am trying to figure out how to get standard SF fields to auto-fill/populate in other records. For example - how can I get the Contact Name to automoatically come up on the Opportunity record? Right now someone has to click on Contact Roles hoverlink, but I would like to relate the op to the contact who requested it automatically on the op page.

This should be easy but I'm tearing my hair out trying to get it to happen!

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

Create formula fields (text) for PNO and AcctNo in opportunity object. It will automatically gets populated on selecting account from opportunity.

Try out the following formula:

Account__r.PNO and Account__r.AcctNo

Hope this helps.

This was selected as the best answer
Danny_SpyDanny_Spy

Hello Pradeep,

Wooooooooooooohooooooooooooooo it worked for me................................

Formula field (Text) -

But, Account.Pno and Account.AcctNo  (it is not taking Account__r.PNo)...

Thank you so much..........Many Many Thanks......................

Thanks,

Danny