function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SherriASherriA 

Products Related list on Custom Object?

I have a custom object that we use to track our business from order through payment.  Part of that tracking includes what items are shipping, in what quantity and at what price.  I'd like to use the same functionality as our sales team uses on the opportunities - ADD PRODUCTS.  That works exactly as I need this to work, with a list of all products, the ability to select the relevant ones, enter a quantity, an extended price and track any comments as well.  I just can't seem to figure out how to get that functionality on a custom object.  

I considered using a different opportunity record type, but that won't work for a variety of reasons.  

So, is there a way to put the "Add Products" functions on a custom object?

TrueCloudTrueCloud

The answer is using a custom VF Page.

Here is an example that you can use to develop your VF Page.

http://community.salesforce.com/t5/Visualforce-Development/Add-Row-functionality-in-VisualForce/m-p/183217

Hope this helps.

SherriASherriA

Guess I need to learn how to write VF pages pretty quickly!  I've been trying to avoid that, but it looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet.  Thanks for the pointer to the example.  

KimmydaleKimmydale

I am trying to avoid a VF page also.  I need to put the Products with Add Row function into my Technical Case Page Layout.  If I read you correctly I think you were going to try and do this type of thing.  If you did can you send me the Visual FOrce code like Shailesh sent you but with your input for products??

SherriASherriA

We went another direction with the solution for this issue, and didn't end up using a custom VF page.  I wasn't up to writing it, and the estimates we got from 2 different partners were astronomical.  

Sean434992Sean434992

If I may ask, what did you end up using?

Nagaraju Padidam 9Nagaraju Padidam 9
You can use a Junction Object to achieve this without any coding. Please refer to https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000gq1BAAQ for full details detailed by Nebojsa Zgonjanin.