function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SapamrmSapamrm 

Lookup filter criteria: only contacts from account

I created a custom object 'Incentive'. This custom object has got a master-detail relationship with accounts.

On the object there are 3 fields (contact 1, 2 & 3) with a lookup relationship to contacts.

I would like to set a lookup filter criteria on these 3 fields so that the users can only choose between contacts of the specified account.

Is this possible? If yes, can someone help me out with this?

Thanks in advance!

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

You can use Lookup Filter option for this purpose. Go to object’s detail page and in ‘Custom Fields & Relationships’ section, click on the lookup field of which you want to make filter, click on edit button. Now there is a section named ‘lookup filter’, in this section there is a link ‘show filter setting’, click on this link and define your filter.

Hope this helps.

SapamrmSapamrm

Yea I know, but I was hoping somebody could help me defining this filter criteria..

I tried several options but haven't managed to find the right filter yet.

SadhuSadhu
@pradeep... I've implemented the filter but when I create a record, my filter works fine but when I modify that record, I see only those records in filter search which I was getting while creating the record. I think this is a bug in salesforce... If you know the answer, please help...