function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rick_NookIndRick_NookInd 

Search is Broken -- PM's Please Rollback Winter 2010 Search

Winter 2010 was supposed to be released with advanced search at the top of the screen without having to click on the advanced search link.  It was released, but it's not an advanced search.  It's some "starts with" keyword search from a limited set of fields, i.e. not all the fields an advanced search... or even a basic search is supposed to query!  Fix or rollback immediately please!  We can't even pull up an account knowing it's account number!

Here's my full complaints:

First of all, global search is not searching the correct fields that an advanced search is supposed to search, i.e. custom fields of type text, Account Number on Account, and god knows what else is missing.  It's bad enough we have to consider going unlimited to add tabs and therefore objects to search, but now we can't even search the necessary fields?  Also, it is matching incorrectly with find duplicates on leads and lead conversion.  This already has caused us duplicate accounts and duplicate opportunities and we've been at work here using Winter 2010 only a few hours.  I've tried using a manually constructed link to get to the old advanced search.  It does not work so I guess fundamentally the searching both use is broken.

Second, right now search is broken.  Here's the array of error messages I get doing the exact same search:

#1) The search functionality is temporarily unavailable.   Customer Support is aware of the situation and we are working to restore the search functionality as soon as possible. Please try again in a couple of minutes.

#2) No matches found Your search results are not optimized. If these results are not what you expected, please try again later.

#3 (Returning wrong results due to first issue) Your search results are not optimized. If these results are not what you expected, please try again later.

Every time error #2 occurs, a duplicate is likely created.  Not good!

Third, I'm noticing performance problems where searches/queries are taking like 15 seconds or more.

Rick_NookIndRick_NookInd

9:30 am PDT : NA6 Performance Degradation
The Salesforce.com Technology Team is working to isolate a performance degradation issue on the NA6 instance. Search is currently unavailable on this instance. Please check the status of Trust frequently for updates regarding this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you.

8:00 am PDT : NA6 Performance Degradation
The Salesforce.com Technology Team is working to isolate a performance degradation issue on the NA6 instance. Please check the status of Trust frequently for updates regarding this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you.

Rick_NookIndRick_NookInd

Seems like it is working now..... even searching the right fields.