function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
stripathystripathy 

Reporting on junction object for many to many relationship

Hi,
I have 2 custom objects maproducts and macontacts. Since the macontacts can be of 3 different types like (prod, lead and marketing), I created many to many relation ship between the two custom objects using junction objects. Now the problem is I am not able to get a single report where i can get columns as maproduct, and 3 columns showing contact names for prod, lead and marketing contacts. Is it possible or the approach to solve the problem is wrong?

Hi,I have 2 custom objects maproducts and macontacts. Since the macontacts can be of 3 different types like (prod, lead and marketing), I created many to many relation ship between the two custom objects using junction objects. Now the problem is I am not able to get a single report where i can get columns as maproduct, and 3 columns showing contact names for prod, lead and marketing contacts. Is it possible or the approach to solve the problem is wrong?

mR_nGmR_nG

You can use Custom Report Type make it happen.

Custom report types allow you to build a framework in the report wizard, from which users can create and customize reports. You build custom report types off of the relationships (master-detail and lookup) between objects so that you can:

• Choose which standard and custom objects to display to users creating and customizing reports
  • Define the relationships between objects displayed to users creating and customizing reports
  • Select which objects' fields can be used as columns in reports